Samsung is killing one of the features that the company most highlighted at the launch of the Galaxy S9 two years ago, but that was erased with the announcement of the Galaxy S10 in 2019 and will now be definitely out of the Galaxy S20 line: the variable aperture. However, the company can maintain this functionality on its newest foldable smartphone.
According to industry information and leaker Ishan Agarwal’s publication, the Galaxy Z Flip will feature the variable aperture feature on its main camera as a way to present another differential on the device.
It is said that Samsung should focus on design to give greater prominence to its folding, which many have considered a ” Galaxy S10e that folds in half”. The Z Flip will arrive with Snapdragon 855 Plus to reduce manufacturing and sales costs, in addition to offering reverse wireless charging and presenting Samsung’s first folding flip, as its name already reveals.
The second foldable smartphone from Samsung will bet on a strategy similar to the Motorola Razr, but without the great nostalgic appeal that the competitor offers. Therefore, Samsung will put aside the nostalgia to offer powerful hardware and low price, made possible thanks to Samsung’s own component factories. Thus, instead of buying components such as screens, chips, batteries, and cameras, which raises the final price of the device, the company can use its own factories to reduce the cost of the folding.
Still, the Galaxy Z Flip is expected to reach the European market at approximately € 1,500, a range similar to the Motorola Razr, which will be launched in Europe for € 1,599. The announcement will be made alongside the Galaxy S20 line and new company accessories during Mobile World Congress 2020, which is scheduled for February 24-27 and will happen even during the global Coronavirus outbreak.
Galaxy Z Flip: possible specifications
- 6.7 “Dynamic AMOLED main screen with Full HD + resolution (2636×1080 pixels)
- Foldable display with a circular notch for the front camera and 21: 9 aspect ratio
- 1.06 inch Super AMOLED external secondary screen and 300×116 pixel resolution
- 7-nanometer Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset
- 8 GB of RAM
- 256 GB of UFS 3.0 internal storage
- 10 MP front camera, f / 2.4 and 80º angle
- Dual rear camera
- 12MP main sensor with variable aperture and 78º angle
- 12 MP secondary sensor with 123º wide-angle lens
- 3,300 mAh battery with 15W charging and 9W wireless charging
- Android 10 with Samsung One UI 2