In a few months, we will finally get to know Samsung’s new flagships, the Galaxy S11e, Galaxy S11, and Galaxy S11 Plus. They should bring a modified look and a powerful rear camera system.
Still, older models of the brand seem to be gaining the support they deserve, such as the Galaxy S8 and also the Galaxy S8 Plus, which today get a new update.
This update released for the 2017 duo features the December 2019 security package, plus general fixes and enhancements.
It can be identified by version number G950FXXS6DSL2 and G955FXXS6DSL2 for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus, respectively. It is being made available in Germany, the United Kingdom, Spain, the Netherlands, and Poland, at first.
The update is being released for eligible and over-the-air compatible devices, and in the coming weeks will land on all models around the world. Interested parties can wait for the notification to arrive by reminding them of the update or look for something new in the operating system settings menu.
Recommended: Microsoft Opens New Edge for Community Extensions
Technical Specifications – Samsung Galaxy S8
- 5.8-inch Super AMOLED screen with Quad HD + resolution (2960 x 1440 pixels)
- Exynos 8895 2.35 GHz Octa-core Chipset with GPU Mali-G71 MP20
- 4 GB of RAM
- 64 GB internal storage with microSD card support
- 12-megapixel main camera with dual-pixel technology and f / 1.7 aperture
- 8-megapixel front camera with autofocus, wide lens and f / 1.7 aperture
- IP6 certified water and dust resistance
- Iris, face recognition and fingerprint reader
- 3,000 mAh battery with accelerated charging technology
- Security made by Samsung Knox and Samsung Pay
- Wireless charging with dock sold separately
- Android 7.0 Nougat operating system with Samsung Experience 8.1 interface
- AKG Headphones
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8.0 mm
- Weight: 155g