ASUS Zenfone 6 owners were taken aback this weekend after an update began to be distributed to the Taiwanese flagship mobile phone. According to information, some devices suffered hardware damage after the update, forcing the company to make a kind of “recall” to replace the motherboard of the product.
ASUS’s smartphone announced in May of this year in Spain showed the mobile market an innovative way to say goodbye to the notch by applying flip camera technology so that the lenses were flexible enough to be used for third party photos or selfies. Obviously, the company’s strategy made the success of the device in the European market almost immediate, quickly depleting the units in stores.
We also had some updates released for the device, bringing positive options such as night mode and wide-angle lens optimizations. And as it is a monthly routine, the phone received another update, but this time did not have the result compatible with what promised in the changelog.
According to complaints posted by mobile users, after downloading the device began to present constant instabilities, boot loops, system crashes and sudden restarts, something that ends up harming use and is not reversible.
An ASUS representative has officially commented through the ZenTalk forum, where the problem has been confirmed and is also informed that the damage caused by the upgrade will only be solved by replacing the motherboard. One thing that may be good news is that few units have been affected by the problem so far, creating a much smaller headache for the company as the update was being released in batches.
To make such a repair, you need to contact the service center, but first, you will need to perform a backup, as possible all data will be lost.
- 6.4 inch IPS LCD screen with 1080 x 2340 pixel resolution and Gorilla Glass 6
- Snapdragon 855 platform with 2.84 GHz octa-core CPU and Adreno 640 GPU
- 6 or 8 GB of LPDDR4X RAM
- 64, 128 or 256 GB of UFS 2.1 storage
- 48 MP Dual Swivel Camera (Sony IMX586) f / 1.79 + 13 MP (125 °) ultra-wide f / 2.4
- 5,000 mAh battery with Quick Charge 4.0 support
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB-C, FM and P2 input
- Stereo speakers and biometric player in the rear
- Android 9 Pie with ZenUI 6 interface
- Dimensions 159.1 x 75.4 x 9.2 mm
- Weight of 190 grams