News about Xiaomi’s upcoming big launch for the 5G data-enabled smartphone market comes just days from its official announcement, scheduled for early next week.
In Mi 9 Pro 5G hands-on videos posted by users on YouTube and the Chinese social network Weibo, you can get an idea of what Xiaomi should present in a few days, as well as confirming the virtually unchanged look in relation to For the model already introduced months ago, the performance gain with the new chip is remarkable.
In the first video below you can see that the device is practically the same as the Mi 9: the front panel has a drop-shaped notch to house the front camera, the rear cover offers reflective finishing and maintains the set of three main sensors.
Meanwhile, the second video of just 20 seconds confirms the reverse charge functionality present in other major competing smartphones, including the latest flagships from Huawei, Samsung, and Apple.
Among the main configurations of the handset is its high-performance hardware. Following the industry’s leading flagships this fall, Xiaomi chooses to deploy Qualcomm’s new eight-core Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset with speeds up to 2.96 GHz and offers connectivity to 5G networks thanks to the Snapdragon X50 modem that enables sending and receiving data of the new generation mobile network.
The Mi 9 Pro 5G is expected to have at least 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of internal storage, but certifications issued have revealed that the device can have a powerful version of 12 GB + 512 GB. As seen in the video above, the handset will come with a 30W quick charge and 48 MP Sony IMX586 rear main sensor.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G: Possible Specifications
- 6.39-inch Super AMOLED Display with FHD + Resolution
- 19.5: 9 aspect ratio drop-notch display
- Snapdragon 855 Plus Chipset
- Eight-core processor and up to 2.96 GHz speed
- Snapdragon X50 Modem for 5G Connectivity
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 8 GB and 12 GB RAM
- 256 GB and 512 GB of internal storage
- Three main cameras
- Sony IMX586 Standard Lens Sensor with f / 1.8 48 MP
- 16 MP secondary sensor with f / 2.2 ultra-wide lens
- 12 MP tertiary sensor with f / 2.2 telephoto / zoom lens
- 20 MP Single Front Camera (IMX576)
- 30W Fast Charging Battery
- Wireless charging and reverse carriage support
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G will be officially announced at the company’s event on September 24th. In addition, Xiaomi is expected to introduce the new and anticipated Mi Mix 4, also equipped with 5G and impressive technologies.