Present in the Galaxy S10, Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9, the QR code scanner via Bixby Vision on the Camera has just landed on the Galaxy Note 8, released two years ago and updated in March for the Android Pie.
The news comes with the update of the device, which also brings the June security package in some markets – the patch had previously arrived in other regions. The first update has software version N950FXXS6DSF2 and the latter comes with the software version N950FXXU6DSF6.
When it was brought to Samsung’s latest flagships, the QR code was scanned through Bixby Vision into the camera application, but now the functionality comes separated from the wizard. You can simply open the camera app and point it to a QR QR to “add contacts, open web pages, add calendar events and more” as Samsung puts it.
The activation of the feature is not automatic after the upgrade. To start using the feature, simply open the camera settings and enable the Scan QR Codes option. The novelty has arrived in some markets in Europe, such as Germany and Holland, but should extend to other countries later this month.
It is also possible that the Galaxy Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus receive the feature with the next software update.
To check if the update has arrived on your smartphone, simply open the path: Settings> Software update and, if available, select Download and install. Those who are in a hurry, who do not like to wait, can update the firmware in the SamMobile database, noting that TodoCelular is not responsible for failures or bugs from manual system updates, and recommends a full backup of the smartphone.
Technical specifications – Galaxy Note 8
- Super AMOLED 6.3-inch screen protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and HDR Premium glass
- The display occupies 83.2% of the front
- HD + Quad Resolution (2960 x 1440 pixels)
- 6 GB of RAM
- 64 GB / 128 GB / 256 GB memory for internal storage
- Up to 256GB microSD card slot
- Chipset Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 or Samsung Exynos 8895 (depending on market)
- Eight-core processor running at up to 2.45 GHz
- Qualcomm Adreno 540 or ARM Mali-G71 MP20 as graphics card (depending on the market)
- Dual 12 MP (f / 2.4 aperture) + 12 MP (f / 1.7 aperture) dual main camera, 2x optical zoom
- 8MP front camera (f / 1.7 aperture)
- The built-in fingerprint reader on the back
- Iris reader
- New S Pen
- The standard input of headphones (P2 – 3.5 mm) with AKG audio
- IP68 certification to ensure protection against water and dust
- Dimensions of 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6 mm and weight of 195 grams
- 3,300 mAh battery