The Galaxy S8 was officially launched by Samsung two years ago and since then has received some important updates, such as Android Oreo and Android Pie, and in the latter case still had access to One UI interface. Now he gets another update, which includes a more recent security package.
This is the June 2019 security patch, which comes to the 2017 model after devices such as Galaxy Note 9 and Galaxy S9 have already received. The firmware version available is the G950FXXS5DSF1 and is currently being distributed in Greece, Germany, Italy, Spain, Luxembourg, Bulgaria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Switzerland, and the Nordic countries at the moment.
Technical specifications – Samsung Galaxy S8
- Super AMOLED 5.8-inch screen with Quad HD + resolution (2960 x 1440 pixels)
- Exynos 8895 Octa-Core Chipset 2.35 GHz with GPU Mali-G71 MP20
- 4GB of RAM
- 64 GB internal storage with microSD card support
- 12-megapixel camera with Dual Pixel technology and aperture f / 1.7
- 8-megapixel front camera with autofocus, wide lens and aperture f / 1.7
- Resistance to water and dust certified by IP6 code
- Iris, face recognition and fingerprint reader
- 3,000 mAh battery with accelerated charging technology
- Security made by Samsung Knox and Samsung Pay
- Wireless charging with dock sold separately
- Operating system Android 7.0 Nougat with interface Samsung Experience 8.1
- AKG Headphones
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8.0 mm
- Weight: 155g
The owners of the model in other markets around the world will need to wait for more news soon, waiting for the update to be available via OTA (over-the-air). Those who want can try to look for the update in the operating system settings menu. Finally, know that it should not be too late for it to be released also for the Galaxy S8 Plus.