The incoming Nokia 2 smartphone will not be awarded the update for Android 9 Foot. The information was confirmed by HMD Global and seems to have displeased its users in the international market.
According to the Finnish manufacturer, the decision was made based on the specifications of the appliance. The company claims to have conducted internal tests on the terminal with the new operating system, but it was not possible to achieve “an optimum level of end-user satisfaction. “
In this case, neither the Go Edition version of the Android Pie could be installed. The model is built to use full OS versions of Google. This way, your users will have to settle for only security packages and small other patches as updates for the device.
It is worth remembering that in its internal configurations, the Nokia 2 comes equipped with IPS LCD screen 5 inches, Snapdragon 212 chipset, 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of storage.
For capturing images, the device still has an 8MP main camera and 5MP front sensor. Complete the main features of the 4,100 mAh battery and the Android 7.1 Nougat as the native operating system – currently upgraded to Android 8.1 Oreo.
- 5.0-inch LCD IPS screen
- HD resolution (1280 x 720 pixels), 296 pixels per inch
- 1 GB of RAM (LPDDR3)
- 8 GB of memory for internal storage
- MicroSD card slot up to 128 GB
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 chipset
- ARM Cortex A7 quad-core processor running at up to 1.3 GHz
- Qualcomm Adreno 304 as the graphics card
- 8 MP main camera with auto focus and LED for flash
- 5MP front camera
- IP52 certification against splashing water
- MicroUSB and P2 (3.5 mm) inputs with FM radio
- Dual SIM / 4G VoLTE / WiFi 802.11 b / g / n / Bluetooth 4.1 / GPS / GLONASS
- Dimensions of 143.5 x 71.3 x 9.30 mm
- 4,100 mAh battery
- Android 7.1 Nougat as Operating System