Today, the Internet has become an integral part of our lives. About 2/3 of all inhabitants of our planet actively use it. After all, access to the worldwide network is possible from a variety of mobile and stationary devices. However, the most convenient for the modern person is the wireless Internet, which allows you to browse the web, play online games, share information with other users and not be “tied” to one place. That’s why, more and more, many of us are wondering how to distribute wifi from a computer to a phone, tablet or any other gadget?
What should be remembered?
Answering the above question, we immediately note that the easiest way is to organize a WiFi network for your home or office using a wireless router that will easily distribute the Internet to an iPhone, and to any other smartphone, and even to several computers at once. However, the ability to use such a device is not always available (for example, it has failed or the area of the room is so large that its signal is not enough).
Therefore, you can try to “force” your computer to distribute the Internet to various gadgets without a special router (router). It is only important to remember that not every PC is capable of it. A prerequisite is the presence of an adapter, which, by the way, is of several types:
- USB (like a USB flash drive with or without antenna);
- PCI (as a separate “strap” in the motherboard).
Moreover, if you want to distribute Internet from a laptop, it makes no sense to buy and install an adapter. On most models, it comes as a built-in device and is present from the factory.
Will the command line help?
Of course. It is possible to distribute the Internet from a computer even without the help of third-party programs. To do this, use the command line. To make it easier for you, we suggest that you adhere to the following procedure:
- Press the key combination «WIN + R» on the keyboard.
- A window will appear, in the line of which we drive in “CMD”. Naturally, without quotes. Click “OK”. We observe how the command line window pops up.
- Now we need to install the access point drivers wirelessly. To do this, enter the command line ““ netsh wlan set hosted network mode = allow ssid = My_virtual_WiFi key = 12345678 keyUsage = persistent ”(My_virtual_WiFi is the name of the network, 12345678 is its password). Then, most likely, you will have to wait a few seconds. After that, the system will report the successful installation of software.
- Next you need to go to the “Device Manager”. A new device called “Adapter …” will appear here. Click on it, and then open the “Property” and the “Access” section. Check the box next to the first and third parameter, thereby allowing users to connect to the network.
- The next step is to activate the WiFi distribution. It also turns on through the console. To do this, enter the command: “netsh wlan start hostednetwork”. Done!
- As you could understand when entering into the command line, the password from your network is 12345678. If you want to disable the WiFi distribution, enter the “netsh wlan stop hostednetwork” command.
It’s pretty simple. Moreover, this method works on many operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7.
On a note! If you suddenly encounter a problem that the phone or any other mobile device cannot connect to the access point created on the computer, you should disable all anti-virus programs and firewalls.
Is it possible to distribute WiFi to the phone from a computer using additional programs?
There is a wide variety of software for distributing WiFi via a computer. Therefore, you will not be difficult to choose for themselves the most convenient and understandable program. As an example, we will try the Virtual Router Plus utility in action:
- Download it to your computer or laptop. Install the program is not required.
- Open the archived file. Find “Virtual Router Plus.exe” and double click on it.
- A window will appear on the screen. There will be a few lines. The top one is the name of the network. Come up with any. The second line is reserved for the password. Again you need to invent and enter it here. Then this password will be needed when connecting to the network already through the phone. The most recent line is the connection type. Choose “wireless network connection”.
- Next, press the big button in the middle of the window. It is signed as “Start Virtual Router Plus”.
- After that, the tray will display information about a successful launch. Now WiFi is heard from your PC.
Of course, it is not necessary to use only the Virtual Router Plus utility. There are many other software with similar functionality. For example, Mhotspot, Hotspot Connectify, and more. other
How to distribute Wi-Fi from computer to phone using the capabilities of the OS?
To begin, consider the entire sequence of actions on the example of Windows 7. You need:
- Go to the control panel. Further in the section “Network and Internet”. From there, go to the “Network and Sharing Center”.
- After that click on “Setting up a new connection or network.” Select option – “computer-to-computer”. Fill in blank lines: create a network name, choose a connection type – WPA2-PSK, create a password. At the end save the parameters, click “Next”.
- Go to the section “Advanced Options …”. Here enable shared access to the connection. How exactly? Just in front of all the items you need to put a tick in front of “turn on …”.
If everything is done correctly, then now from the phone (tablet, laptop, etc.) you can start searching for available Wi-Fi points, find the network you created and connect to it by entering the security password you specified earlier (in Section 2).
The easiest way to ensure the distribution of wifi from computer to phone, if it is Windows 10. Here you just need to create a so-called “hot spot.” Let’s go in order:
- Open the “Parameters” section (this is the button with the gear icon in the launch menu) and go to the “Network and Internet” section.
- Click on the tab “mobile hot spot.” In the menu that appears, all the data wifi-network will already be. However, you can remove them and register your own. In any case, you need to click “Save”.
- Then a new menu will appear. At the very top there will be a slider that needs to be moved to the “on” position.
- Now the wifi network should work. It is also advisable to turn off the antivirus so that there are no connection problems.
On a note! When distributing wi-fi from a computer, there is one nuance. If the PC goes into sleep mode, the network is inaccessible to other devices. Therefore, it is better to disable hibernation mode in advance.
Let’s sum up
So we figured out how to distribute Wi-Fi from a computer to a phone, tablet or even another PC. For this it is best to use a router. If not, then you need an adapter and special drivers. The entire setup takes no more than 10 minutes. Although for someone it may seem troublesome.
But it’s pretty simple. Much depends on which version of Windows you are using. Also, you can always use special applications that are easy to work with. In this case, such software helps with a few clicks to turn your computer into an access point.
However, it is even easier to connect on the smartphone or tablet advantageous tariff for Internet surfing. Then you will not have to make a modem out of a PC or laptop, trying the various methods described above. After all, today the mobile Internet is cheap. You can go to the same Beeline or connect the tariff plan of any other operator that offers unlimited access to the World Wide Web. Although in any case you decide.