The iQOO series is geared towards gamers, and within them is the Neo model, which was unveiled earlier this year with the goal of bringing good gaming hardware at a reduced price.
That’s why the first phone came to market with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, a slightly older chip. Currently, the main chip is Snapdragon 855 Plus, the successor of Snapdragon 855, present in some phones.
The Vivo iQOO Neo 2 should do the same strategy, and have the “old” as Snapdragon 855 processor. This information has already been confirmed by Zeng Kunpeng, general manager of the iQOO product line, as well as seen in TENAA certification . Today, a teaser indicates that the device will bring up to 256 GB of internal storage space with UFS 3.0 technology.
Alleged technical specifications – Vivo iQOO Neo 2
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- Processor: Octa-core up to 2.84
- GPU: Adreno 640
- RAM: 4 GB, 6 GB or 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB, 128 GB or 256 GB
- Screen: 6.38 “Super AMOLED Full HD + with droplet notch
- Front camera: 12MP f / 2.0
- Rear camera: 12MP f / 1.79 + 8MP ultra-wide f / 2.2 + 2MP f / 2.4 depth sensor
- Battery: 4,420 mAh with 22.5W fast charging
- Operating system: FunTouch OS 9 based on Android 9.0 Pie
Either way, the new Chinese-branded device is expected to be made official on October 24. Only then can we find out if all this information is correct, as well as what the price will be charged for it. We know so far that it should hit the market in carbon black, electro-optical violet and Icelandic aurora.