The Taiwanese MediaTek has just introduced on Tuesday, June 25, its latest chipset for smartphones that adopt the platform in the coming months: Helio P65. The new chip follows the proposal of its number and the P line and therefore has 12-nanometer lithography (less efficient than lithographs of 10nm, 8nm or even 7nm that is already beginning to become popular).
With eight cores, the new Helio P65 offers two cores in ARM Cortex-A75 that operate at a maximum frequency of 2 GHz and six cores in ARM Cortex-A55 with a speed of up to 1.7 GHz. has an ARM Mali-G52 GPU with CorePilot technology that regulates consumption, performance, and temperatures, analyzing user habits of use.
In the case of cameras, the chipset supports resolution sensors up to 48 MP, as well as a dual camera with up to 16 MP each, and can be also distributed to three sensors if necessary. With the ISP, the software also speeds up 2D facial recognition operations for unlocking using the user’s face, as well as enabling portrait mode in photos thanks to depth-of-field management.
MediaTek has also optimized the voice command activation function: now power consumption is reduced and recognition quality has been improved by separating audio channels for voice (and call) inputs from those for media and games.
- MediaTek Helio P65 Chipset
- 8-core processor with 2x ARM Cortex-A55 and 6x ARM Cortex-A75
- Maximum frequency 2 GHz
- ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2
- Frequency up to 820 MHz
- Maximum display resolution: 2520x1080p
- H.264, H.265 / HEVC, 2K @ 30 fps, 1080P @ 60 fps video codec
- Video playback on H.264, H.265 / HEVC, VP-9, 2K @ 30 fps, 1080P @ 60 fps
- Memory LPDDR3 / LPDDR4x
- Maximum frequency of 933 MHz / 1800 MHz
- 4 GB and 8 GB maximum quantity
- Archiving in eMMC 5.1
- My Account
- 48 MP at up to 17 fps; 16 MP + 16 MP at up to 30 fps; 25 MP at 30 fps
- Features: AI Face ID, AI Smart Photo Album, Single-Cam / Dual-Cam Bokeh; Hardware Warping Engine (EIS); Rolling Shutter Compensation (RSC) engine; MEMA 3DNR; Multi-Frame Noise reduction
- Cell phone
- Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x / EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), FDD / TDD LTE, HSPA +, DL / UL CA, TAS 2.0, HPUE, IMS (VoLTE \ ViLTE \ WoWi-Fi), eMBMS, Dual 4G VoLTE (DSDS), Band 71
- LTE Category: Cat-4, Cat-7 DL / Cat-13 UL
- GNSS: GPS, Glonass, Galileo, Beidou
- Wi-Fi 5 a / b / g / n / ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- FM radio
- Cell phone