If you have a Galaxy S10, there’s a screen recorder built into it. Though it’s not well known. You can use it to make video recordings of any apps or third-party games on your phone.
The screen recorder is designed to let you record gameplay within games. The screen recorder is built into the Game Launcher, so you can record in any app that you can add to the Game Launcher.
Because of this, it has an important limitation. You can only record video within third-party apps. Unfortunately, you can’t record built-in apps or action on the Home screen.
How to screen record on the Samsung Galaxy S10
- First start the Game Launcher app.
- Then Drag the Library up from the bottom of the screen. Here you can see all the games currently in the library.
- You can drag the Library up from the bottom of the screen to make changes and add apps.
- Tap at the top right of the Library (three dots) window and then tap “Add apps.”
- Using the list of third-party apps installed on the phone, tap the apps you want to record and then again tap “Add.”
- By tapping its icon in the Game Launcher Library, start the app you want to record.
- Tap the Game Tools button from the lower-left corner of the screen.
- After that Tap “Record.”
- Now you’re recording your screen. When you’re done, just tap the Stop button in the lower right corner of the screen.
How to change the audio settings for screen recordings
The Game Tools recorder uses the audio from your microphone to record sound for the video by default. It will pick up some sound from your phone’s speakers, capturing whatever sound the app is making.
If you want to capture audio from the app then:
- First, start the Game Launcher app.
- After that start the app you want to record by tapping its icon in the Game Launcher Library.
- Then tap the Game Tools button in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Just tap the gear-shaped icon at the top right of the Game Tools pop-up window.
- Tap “Record”, in the Game Tools settings screen.
- Tap “Game” , In the Audio source section.
How to find your recorded video
If you want to stop recording “Watch the recorded video” appears near the bottom of the screen. Just tap it to go directly to the video. You can also find your saved videos in the Gallery app, along with your other videos and photos.