Announced in the last days of September, Mi Mix Alpha has set a milestone in smartphone history by being presented with a screen that runs from the front panel to the back in a format never seen before. And with the initial sales forecast for December, the smartphone had to be postponed by Xiaomi, but now the company confirms that the device has not been forgotten and it will be sold soon.
Although the official price has not been revealed and pages have suggested a surprising and unimaginable price that not even Xiaomi should charge, we know that the final value of the device will not yet be enough for the company to profit from sales of Mix Alpha. The CEO himself stated that Xiaomi will not make profits selling the device.
The Mi Mix Alpha offers as its main differential its innovative Surround Display screen that runs through the front panel to the back of the smartphone, being interrupted only by the protruding region where the three cameras of the device are located, which allow great versatility thanks to the main sensor. 108 MP, a 20 MP secondary with a wide-angle lens and another 12 MP with a telephoto lens.
The hardware doesn’t disappoint: it offers a Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset with 12 GB of RAM and no less than 512 GB of internal storage. The battery is 4,050 mAh with 40W fast charging. Mix Alpha also offers 5G connectivity, virtual volume control knobs and a fingerprint reader integrated into the front display.
Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha
- 6.39-inch Surround Display in Front Region
- Super AMOLED Technology Dashboard
- Display with 180.6% utilization and FHD + resolution
- Snapdragon 855 Plus Processor
- 12 GB of RAM
- 512 GB of internal storage
- Three cameras
- 108 MP (f / 1.69) SuperPixel 4 in 1 OIS Main Sensor
- 20 MP (f / 2.2 and 117º) wide-angle secondary camera, super macro
- 12 MP Telephoto Tertiary Camera (f / 2.1)
- 4050 mAh battery with 40W quick charge support
- 5G connection, touch side edge, NFC, digital player
- Android 10 running under MIUI 11
- Dimensions: 157 x 74 x 8 mm
- Weight: 199 g
There is no official release forecast yet and no estimate for the official price of the device, but of course, few people will have the incredible experience of purchasing this much-coveted product. It is possible that Xiaomi will present more news early next year, as CES 2020 takes place from January 7th to January 10th in Las Vegas, and shortly thereafter we have MWC 2020 which takes place in Barcelona, Spain. last days of February.