The standard for most Android devices is to receive two system updates and rely on three years of Google security packages. However, it looks like it will not be like that with the Moto Z4. Motorola confirmed to Digital Trends that the model, launched with Android 9.0 Pie at the end of last month, will receive only the next version of Google’s system, Android Q, but the R version, due to arrive in 2020, will not be in the plans.
Another bad news for anyone who purchases the newest member of the Moto Z family is that Google’s security updates will arrive only every 60 days, and for two years. Recently, the company announced that the model will support pressure sensitive pens in addition to Snap 5G support and that there will be no other versions of the smartphone.
The policy for the Moto Z4 runs counter to something that has always been standard in the company: line E does not receive system updates, while the G line is awarded a Google OS update and the Z line is covered with two Android flavors. Other lines, such as Android One – cases of the Motorola One and Motorola One Vision – stand out for receiving more updates as they participate in Google’s initiative.
In its online store, Motorola says Motorola One “will receive operating system updates for the P and Q versions,” and One Vision “will receive updates for the Android Q and Android R versions.” Both will receive Google packages for three years from the launch date.
Recommended: TecMundo Notícias For PC (Windows & MAC)
Technical specifications – Motorola Moto Z4
- 6.39-inch OLED screen with Full HD resolution +
- Drop in shape with 19: 9 display
- 875-core Snapdragon 675 processor running at up to 2 GHz
- GPU Adreno 608
- 4 GB of RAM
- 128 GB internal storage with microSD support up to 2 TB
- 48 MP Single Rear Camera with Samsung S5KGM1SP Sensor with Aperture f / 1.7
- Unique 25 MP front camera with f / 2.0 aperture
- 3,600 mAh Battery with Turbo Charger
- Dimensions 158 x 75 x 7.25 mm
- Biometric reader under the screen
- USB-C and P2 connector for headphones
- FM radio
- Support for a 5G network via Moto Snaps
- Colors: Gray Flash and Ice White