While preparing the ground for the arrival of 5G , Anatel, through its board of directors, approved today (13) the Structural Plan of Telecommunications Networks. The idea of the project is to identify localities and types of telecommunications networks that do not have the necessary structure to meet the demand for rapid Internet access of the Brazilian population.
Thus, the objective of the plan is to raise problems and list regulatory and legal alternatives that can be used to enable the necessary infrastructure resources to bring the Internet to these locations.
There are seven projects in three thematic axes. Determination of the portal Tele.Síntese points out that, of the proposal submitted to public consultation a little over a year ago and the document approved today, the main change is in the proposed 3G coverage of federal roads and rural areas, which were not contemplated initially.
The 5G will require wide margin fiber networks. The country that does not have broadband infrastructure will lose competitiveness in the international market and will not attract new investments. ” Aníbal Diniz, rapporteur of the approved proposal,
About the project, the rapporteur warned that if the country did not move forward with the telecommunications infrastructure, it would lose competitiveness and stop attracting new investments. There are thousands of municipalities without fiber transport networks, with access to the Internet with low speed or agastados of mobile broadband. There is, however, a question of investment, since solving the problem demands billions of reais.
The Structural Plan for Telecommunications Networks includes the following projects:
- Build a fiber optic transport network where economically and technically viable in all Brazilian municipalities that are not yet connected by this infrastructure.
- Expand mobile coverage in 3G and 4G
- Bringing 3G or higher technology to non-headquarters
- Bring 4G technology to all municipal headquarters
- Take mobile coverage on the road and rural areas with 3G technology or higher
- Installation of high capacity wired network in municipalities served by advanced transportation network, but the user only has access to the average speed of 5Mbps.
- Implementation of the communication network for public services such as education, health, security, defense, RNP and Amazônia
In addition, it lists possible financing sources, such as the balances of resources that may come with the revision of the concession model provided for in PLC 79, the General Plan of the Universalization Targets (PGMU), Contura Adjustment Terms, among other sources , such as the Revision of the Fust (Telecom Universalization Fund) Act to allow the money from this fund to be used in broadband.
Recommended: Gamer and Brazilian keyboard! Logitech introduces G413 and G512 with ABNT2 layout
This fund has already raised $ 22 billion in the past, but the money is not used for telecommunications, but to meet other demands of the National Treasury. According to the rapporteur, the draft bill was amended, no longer binding the contribution to the Fust at the Fistel (Inspection Fund) rates.
Leave a Reply