iPhone frozen with the Apple logo on the screen is a rather unusual problem, but if you have had the bad luck of meeting him, I will give you some tips to fix it. Normally the problem arises when the system simply failed due to process saturation or when an iOS update has not gone well or another reason.
IPhone solution stuck at the start with Apple logo
We will recognize the problem because the screen will be black, with the blank Apple logo. As it is the only visible element. Therefore leaving the main menu, the Settings app and any other way to modify the system out of reach.
In this article, I will focus on ways to get our iPhone out of this block. You must review each one from the simplest to the most complicated. So if you see that one does not work you can try the following.
Restart your iPhone
The basic solution is usually one of the most effective:
“try to force the restart of your iPhone by pressing and holding the power button and lowering the volume”
If you have an iPhone 7 plus or iPhone 7, or the Home button and the power button if you have an iPhone 6s or earlier. If you recently installed a new iOS version your phone may have just got stuck with one of the update processes, and a simple restart should be enough to fix it.
Update iOS in Recovery Mode
The next solution sounds more complicated when reading it for the first time than when doing it. It is about forcing a new update of the iOS operating system by activating the recovery mode. The best thing about this method is that it allows you to reinstall iOS without affecting the data stored in the phone’s memory.
This method is often used when an iOS update has gone wrong for some reason. But it will not solve problems related to hardware or those that occurred when using jailbreak.
To carry out this solution you will need a computer (PC or Mac) that has the latest version of iTunes installed.
These are the steps you must follow:
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone.
- If you have an iPhone 7 Plus or iPhone 7, press and hold the power button and volume down button at the same time. A message appears that tells you “it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode”.
- If you have an iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, or lower, press and hold the power button and the Home button. A message appears on your computer screen that tells you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
- Now on the iTunes screen, you will press the “update” button.
If this process does not work, you can repeat the same steps but choose the option “restore” at the end, which will delete all the files on the phone, which can be recovered with the last backup saved in iTunes or iCloud.
Restore the phone with DFU mode
The last resource we have left is also the one that carries the most risks since it requires that we delete all the information from our phone, so it is convenient that we have saved a backup copy of our data on our computer or iCloud recently.
This solution is dedicated to quite extreme cases, such as problems that have been caused by some incompatibility with a jailbreak that we cannot cancel by uninstalling the conflicting app or through Cydia. Basically these are cases in which we already take the phone for lost and we no longer have anything to risk.
What we get with the DFU is the freedom to install the version of iOS we want, either following the steps of iOS or using a special version for jailbreak.
To Activate DFU mode:
To activate DFU mode, follow these steps below:
- Simply open iTunes on your computer
- Connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Turn off the phone by pressing and holding the power button. When the screen is black, stop pressing it.
- Now press the power button again and hold it for about 3 seconds.
- If you have an iPhone 7, then press and hold the volume down button for about 10 seconds. If you have an iPhone 6s or earlier you will do the same only with the power and Home button.
- Release the power button but keep pressing the volume down button (iPhone 7) or the Home button (iPhone 6s or earlier).
- After about 5 seconds a warning message will appear on the computer saying it has detected an iPhone, and now you can reinstall the operating system.
Make sure the main signal that indicates that we are in DFU mode is that the phone screen remains black at all times. If you see the Apple logo appear, you are not in DFU mode, so you should start the process again.
Hey, Wait! don’t go anywhere just answer to the following questions:
Is this guide helpful? Has your iPhone been frozen on the home screen sometimes?
Let us know in the comment section waiting for your reply! till then keep smiling 🙂