And another worrying case of smartphone explosion recently occurred in Bahia, where the device caused a fire that completely burned a sofa and caused other damage to the home. Despite the fright, no residents were injured.
According to the website G1, the case occurred in the city of Barrocas, which is about 200 km from Salvador, the capital of the state of Bahia. In the house in question lives the couple Neilton Oliveira dos Santos and his wife, who is four months pregnant. According to him, the owner of the device is his brother-in-law, who had taken the device from the charger minutes before the incident.
“The phone is from my brother-in-law. It was a big scare. We work together, and at lunch he put it in the porter. Shortly thereafter, my wife took her cell phone and set it on the couch. Then, when we were already at work [downstairs] my wife began to smell smoke. She went looking for the kitchen but realized it was the cell phone in the living room, “said the merchant.
The fire started after the device was placed on the couch, overheating that caused the combustion of much of the couch in the living room. Seeing the seriousness of the situation, the merchant’s wife went down to the shop below to notify her of the incident. Although they had risen rapidly, the fire had already taken most of the furniture.
“When it started, the flames were very small. Only when we climbed back, it was already on fire. It set fire to the whole sofa, the curtains, the lining. The room was on fire. Since there are no firefighters in town, we need to put out the fire alone. We were taking containers with water and we were putting out the fire, “he added.
According to Neilton, the damage has an estimated value of $ 4,000, because in addition to the sofa, part of the ceiling of the room was affected by the fire. The merchant also reported that his wife had to be taken to hospital for medical care because of the fright, but was then released. No one was hurt.
This is not the first time this week that we have seen a case related to a smartphone explosion, as recently a 14-year-old girl passed away after her device caught fire under her pillow.
So, dear reader, have you had any similar situation with your mobile phone? Tell us in the comments!
Kamran Haider is a new star at Techwikies, You will be reading his work a lot in our News Section. He is one of those people you can call Jack of all Trades. You can find Him on social media by using the links given below.